Seminar / Masterclass – How to communicate better with clients, suppliers and each other about using songs in campaigns – For the Whole Agency
- How do they lift creative?
- Can we prove effectiveness?
BUT THEY CAN BE CHALLENGING:
- How to improve your music searches
- Basic concepts of copyright and re-records
- Why are songs so expensive?
- Why is it so complex?
- What are the risks, what can go wrong?
This is an infotainment presentation – educational but packed with case studies and stories. And it’s not just for producers, they know a lot of this already, it is invaluable for suits and creatives – in fact it will be a good overview for everyone, right across the agency. It will be particularly useful for anyone who ever needs to discuss music with clients.
Best delivered as part of an agency “get together” – lunchtime sessions or Friday drinks, perhaps at an off site team building session.
Searching for Songs – For Creatives
An analysis of case studies, covering the process involved in finding songs to fit a creative brief and a budget. Discussion of how to write a music brief. About 30 minutes. Best presented in person but can be done effectively via video conference.
Finding and Licensing Songs – For Agency Producers
A walkthrough of various examples of the use of songs in TVC campaigns. Big songs, big budgets, small gems, small budgets. Stories about the challenges of navigating the world of sync licences. About 30 minutes. Best presented in person but can be done effectively via video conference.
The Evolution of Music in Advertising
This is something quite different – a 45 minute Keynote Speech suitable for a major event or function. It delivers insights into the way that music use has evolved over centuries, including:
- The first recorded use of music for advertising in the 13th Century
- Sponsored content distribution in the 19th Century
- The launch of radio and associated branded content
- The rise and fall of jingles
- Musicians as brand ambassadors, from the 1920s
- The beginnings of sync licensing
- The generation gap, MTV, and the rise of the internet
The presentation is packed with case studies, and is designed to be informative and entertaining. For a two minute trailer please visit www.musicmill.com.au/trailer